Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Tunesday!

I love a good pun.

Or a bad one.

Today, since I've been feeling very unmotivated in terms of taking pictures and documenting what I wore, I'm going to instead share nine new songs that I've been listening to on repeat. Lucky for you, it's not the stuff that plays on the radio on repeat, because we all need a break from the Billboard Top 40 every once in a while, no matter how catchy that Selena Gomez song is. Am I right?

1. Diane Young by Vampire Weekend- to put it mildly, I've kinda been obsessed with these guys since their debut album. When I first heard this song, however, I didn't like it at all. Headache-inducing. Then I listened to it a few more times and fell in love and wanted to dance all over the room, much to the disdain of my sister.

2. My Number by Foals- so fun to sing at full volume: YOU DON'T HAVE MY NUMBAH!

3. Trying To Be Cool by Phoenix- this is off their new album "Bankrupt!" (I guess you have to exclaim it when you say it?) and I think they succeeded at being cool with this...

4. Breezeblocks by alt-J- what a weird song. So why the heck is it so addicting?!

5. Follow by Crystal Fighters- these guys are from England and Spain, and their music reflects it. I absolutely love Spanish guitar, so this one's a winner for me.

6. Get Lucky by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams- this has a 70s disco vibe that I am all about.

7. Gasoline by Alpine- a new band from Australia, a place that seems to be churning out a ton of great music lately.

8. Pompeii by Bastille- epic, although I dislike that word, is the only way I can think to describe it.

9. Out of My League by Fitz & the Tantrums- this will get stuck in your head for a few days after listening, just to warn you.




Until next time!
xo
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...