Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Reading List


One of the beautiful things about summer is how conducive it is to reading for pleasure. During the school year it's so easy to neglect books (besides the boring textbooks of course), but they always welcome me back with open arms...open spines? Anyway... here are six books I'd like to bury my nose into, preferably under a warm sun while sipping lemonade out of my portable mason jar tumbler. ;)

From top left:
1. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple- she wrote some episodes of Arrested Development, so it's bound to be hilarious.

2. Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan- Atonement and On Chesil Beach are exquisitely beautiful, so I have high expectations for this one by the same author.

3. My Life in France by Julia Child- this woman's life and her sunny disposition fascinate me.

4. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert- I'm actually reading this right now. I know some people loved it and some people thought Gilbert was the most self-absorbed person to walk the Earth, but so far I'm really enjoying it.

5. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham- yes, Lorelai Gilmore. Need I say more?

6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- I've heard so many good things about this one.

{click on the number to go to the Amazon page for each}

I am always open to more book recommendations if anybody has one! 

xo
Courtney




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions! I've been meaning to start looking into the next book on my reading list, and will definitely check these out! Love your beautiful blog!

    xxoo,
    Mary
    The Classy Cubicle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...