Sunday, May 5, 2013

¡Tiempo para celebrar!

No matter the type of holiday, I tend to be a fan of celebrating.  This Sunday happened to be Cinco de Mayo.  While I may have no other ties to this holiday than the fact that I started celebrating it in high school when my friend Katie and I would attempt to make celebratory dishes for our entire Spanish class, I never turn down an occasion to celebrate.  (Sidenote: Katie and I shared the struggles of 4 years of Spanish class together and our friendship began at a local Mexican restaurant so I guess you could say this day brings back some fond memories for the two of us)  Although sometimes (especially our edition of Bananas en Gloria) our creations epically failed, I finally found a fool proof healthy salsa recipe.  To celebrate, my mom and I made a taco bar, this delicious salsa as an appetizer, and sopapilla cheesecake for dessert! 


I used this recipe!

Tips: After making this a few times, I started buying the rotel tomates with the lime and cilantro in the can but I still add fresh cilantro and lime juice.  Also I buy the mexicorn for the added seasonings. Make sure to drain all of the cans except for the can of rotel tomatoes.  Buen provecho! 



For this dessert, I drizzled a little bit of honey over it to make it even more delectable!

Hope you had a great weekend, 
xoxo,
Katie 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...